Express Entry in Ontario, Canada

There are more than 60+ immigration ways to migrate to Canada - You may qualify in any one of these!

Immigration to Canada is easier if you are a skilled immigrant. You can apply for Express Entry by filling an online application form. Your application will be ranked according to a points system. If you are highly ranked, you will be invited to apply for permanent residence as a skilled immigrant. Once you have applied, your PR application will then be processed within the next 6 months.


Express Entry Process

In the online Express Entry process, there are 2 ways to apply:

  • You contact the province or territory and apply for a nomination under an Express Entry stream. If the province or territory agrees to nominate you, you create an Express Entry profile (or update your profile if you already have one) and show you have been nominated.


  • You create an Express Entry profile and show the provinces and territories you’re interested in. If a province or territory sends  a “notification of interest” to your account, you can contact them directly. If you’re nominated, the province will offer it to you through your account, and you accept it electronically.

In both cases, you must meet the eligibility requirements of the province or territory. And, you must submit an Express Entry profile and show that you meet the minimum criteria for Express Entry, including being eligible for one of the immigration programs it covers.


  • Alberta

  • British Columbia

  • Manitoba

  • New Brunswick

  • Newfoundland and Labrador

  • Northwest Territories

  • Nova Scotia

  • Ontario

  • Prince Edward Island

  • Saskatchewan

  • Yukon

If you are invited to apply, you submit an electronic application to IRCC. Provinces which provide PNP programs are:

  • Your education level

  • Your abilities in English and/or French (Canada's 2 official languages)

  • Your work experience and skills

  • Your age

  • If you have a job offer in Canada

  • Your spouse's education, language abilities and work experience. Additional points are also awarded if you have completed a college or university program in Canada or if you have a provincial nomination

To be eligible for Express Entry, you must prove your English or French language ability:

  • Take an approved language test

  • Get the minimum results required by your program

  • Include the results when you complete your Express Entry profile

The language test evaluates these abilities:

  • Writing

  • Reading

  • Listening

  • Speaking

To measure your English or French levels, we use:

  • Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) for English

  • Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadien (NCLC) for French

You qualify for Express Entry if you meet the eligibility criteria for the Skilled Worker program, Skilled Trades program, or Canadian Experience Class.

Federal Skilled Worker Program

First official languageMinimum level for all four abilities
EnglishCLB 7

For a second official language, you need a minimum level of CLB or NCLC 5.

Canadian Experience Class

The skills you need will depend on the group your job is classified under the National Occupational Classification system (NOC).

NOC skill type or levelMinimum level for all four language abilities (English)Minimum level for all four language abilities (French)

Federal Skilled Trades Program

LanguageAbilitiesMinimum level
EnglishSpeaking and listeningCLB 5
EnglishReading and writingCLB 4
FrenchSpeaking and listeningNCLC 5
FrenchReading and writingNCLC 4

Validity of Language Test Results

  • Your test results must be less than two years old when you submit your application for permanent residence.

  • If you’ve been invited to apply for permanent residence, check that your language test results will still be valid when you plan to apply.

  • If you haven’t been invited to apply for permanent residence, you may want to make sure your results are valid for the rest of the time you’ll be in the pool.

For more details please call 905 673 9000 or email at

Express Entry in Canada

If you are a skilled immigrant, we can help you obtain permanent residency in Canada.

Know More About Express Entry