top of page
Immigration Program

Business Immigration/ PNP Programs and Temporary Foreign Worker Program

There are more than 60+ immigration ways to migrate to Canada - You may qualify in any one of these!

Business Immigration

Canada welcomes successful business people who are seeking new opportunities and challenges. The Business Immigration Program is designed to encourage and facilitate the admission of these individuals. Both the federal and provincial/territorial governments welcome business immigrants and offer services to help immigrants start a business and settle in Canada.

PNP Program


PNP Program

A PNP allows a province to nominate an applicant for immigration to Canada to settle in that province, and based on the province's economic needs. Within those Provincial Nominee Programs , business immigration categories exist for investors, businessmen and entrepreneurs starting or investing in a Canadian business venture. These streams offer Canadian Permanent Residency by investing as little as $150,000 in eligible businesses in Canada.


Aims Immigration is specialized in business immigration. Our RCIC can help you with every step of the program, including eligibility, market research and business analysis, business plan, moving and establishing your business in Canada.


These provinces offer PNP Programs:


British Columbia


New Brunswick

Newfoundland and Labrador

Northwest Territories

Nova Scotia


Prince Edward Island



For more details please call 905 673 9000 or email at

Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program

It is a fast-track immigration program that allows employers in Canada's four Atlantic provinces — Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador and Prince Edward Island — to hire foreign nationals for jobs they haven’t been able to fill locally.

Introduced in 2017, the federal government and its provincial government partners aim to welcome more than 7,000 newcomers and their families to the Atlantic Canada region by 2021 through the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program.



The three-year pilot program allows designated local employers to identify, recruit and retain global talent. The program also has the goals of supporting population growth, developing a skilled workforce, and increasing employment rates in the region.


The pilot program forms part of an overall Atlantic Growth Strategy that is focused on the following five priority areas:

Skilled workforce and immigration


Clean growth and climate change

Trade and investment


Find out the Government of Canada's allocations for the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program under Canada's multi-year immigration levels plan 2018 to 2021.


The Atlantic Immigration Pilot is an employer-driven program that facilitates the hiring of foreign workers. All principal applicants arriving in Canada under the pilot program must have a job offer from a designated employer and an individualized settlement plan for themselves and their families. Once a designated employer finds a candidate who meets their employment needs and the program criteria, that employer will need to first offer them a job. Employers do not need to go through the process of obtaining a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) under this program.


Once the candidate has accepted the job, the employer will connect the candidate with a designated settlement service provider organization for a needs assessment and develop a settlement plan. Employers will also support the long-term integration of the new immigrant and his or her family, if applicable, so they can reach the goals of their settlement plan once they arrive in Canada.


Employers that need to fill a job vacancy quickly will have access to a temporary work permit so that the candidate and his or her family can come to Canada as soon as possible. To obtain this work permit, candidates will need:

A valid job offer

A letter from the province

A commitment to apply for permanent residence within 90 days of the temporary work permit application

Employers that would like to hire skilled immigrants under the pilot program must apply to the province(s) to receive the designation. Employers with locations in multiple provinces will require a separate designation for each province. Employers must meet certain requirements, including a commitment to support the newcomer and his or her family as they integrate into their new life in Atlantic Canada.

Provincial Nominee Program

PNP program is for workers who have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy of a specific province or territory want to live in that province, and want to become permanent residents of Canada


Each province and territory has its own “streams” (immigration programs that target certain groups and requirements). For example, in a program stream, provinces and territories may target students, business people, skilled workers and semi-skilled workers.


How you will apply depends on which Provincial Nominee Program stream you’re applying to. You might need to apply using the paper-based process, or by the online process through Express Entry.


As part of the process, you will have to pass a medical exam and get a police check (certificate). Everyone must have these checks, no matter where they plan to live in Canada.

In the paper-based process, you apply to the province or territory for nomination under a non-Express Entry stream. You need to meet the eligibility requirements of the province that nominates you.


Once you have been nominated, you submit a paper application for permanent residence to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.


You have to pass a medical exam and get a police check (certificate). Everyone must have these checks, no matter where you plan to live in Canada.

Application processing times are longer than through Express Entry.


Temporary Foreign Workers Program

Under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP), IRCC brings in foreign workers to address labour market shortages and provide economic opportunities for Canadians. With a few exceptions, foreign workers must have an approved job offer and a work permit before arriving in Canada.


We often help employers and job seekers secure favourable Labour Market Impact Assessments (LMIAs) and apply for a Canada visa. Canada's work visas are issued under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). The TFWP is intended to help Canadian employers recruit foreign workers in response to labour market shortages. TFWP is made up of four streams: high-skilled workers, low-skilled workers, the Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program, and the Caregiver Program. Foreign workers must have an approved job offer and a work permit before arriving in Canada under the TFWP.


IRCC works with Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) to ensure foreign workers do not take jobs for which Canadian citizens or permanent residents are available. Canadian employers intending to hire a foreign worker must obtain prior approval. This is done by applying for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).


In some cases, foreign workers may qualify to work in Canada without an LMIA under various programs, such as the International Mobility Program.

Options for Family Members to Work in Canada:

A TFWP Canada work permit holder’s family may come with them to Canada.

All family members must complete their application forms, but they can be submitted together.

If a family member wants to work in Canada, they will need their own Canada work permit.

In certain cases, spouses or common-law partners are eligible for an open work permit. If a temporary foreign worker’s children would like to study in Canada, they need a study permit.

An open work permit allows the holder to work in any job with any employer with limited exceptions. An open work permit also means the holder’s employer does not need an LMIA.

A spouse’s eligibility for an open work permit depends on the skill level of the temporary foreign worker’s job.

A high-skilled foreign worker’s spouse could be eligible for an open work permit, provided the foreign worker is authorized to work in Canada for at least six months.

A low-skilled worker’s spouse will only be eligible for an open work permit through an active pilot project.

Dependent children are only eligible for an open work permit through an active pilot project.


Work in Canada

We hold your hand and tell you what needs to be done to help you move your business to Canada.

bottom of page